Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gandolph Gourd

Work continues on building an inventory for Ghoutide Gathering.  I just finished Gandolph Gourd with his super sour Halloween sucker and mini-gourd friend.  If you take a look at Gandolph's teeth you will notice a few are missing.  Poor Gandolph has a terrible sweet tooth and unfortunately was never taught to brush or floss after eating.  (Some have even speculate that one of his missing teeth is actually his original sweet tooth! )


Gandolph got very excited when he was given this Halloween sucker and instantly took a big bite. Much to Gandolph's surprise the sucker wasn't sweet, but was a special super sour version of the familiar confection created by one of his witchy friends. 


I think there is a lesson to be learned by Gandolph...if the sucker has a slightly "sour" face, perhaps it isn't as sweet as you would hope. 

It was fun playing with this character.  Hope you like him!
Laurie

6 comments:

Dianie said...

Laurie,
Gandolph is so charming, I love his expression and missing teeth smile:)

That chewed on sucker is darn cute too.. :)

~Diane

Maggie said...

I like him alot! Is his head a real gourd? Or did you sculpt the whole head? Either way, he is wonderful. Love his eyes, and that expression.
Have a great day,
Maggie

Michele Lynch Art said...

Love his expression! Fabulous as always! xo Michele

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you Diane. Too many suckers, I'm afraid, led to his open tooth "smile".

Maggie I don't use real gourds, he is sculpted. I'm allergic to the mold on and in dried gourds so they are a no-no for me.

Thank you Michele!!!
Laurie

TRAPOS Y CARTONES said...

NICE WORK, LAURIE!!!

maddyrose said...

Oh Laurie, I do believe Gandolph is the most fabulous gourd head I've ever seen. That expression and his dreamy eyes, I love him. He is just plain adorable. I for one like sour candy so if you can put me in touch with the witch..