Thursday, November 17, 2011

More Winter Figures

The paper mache is flying and it looks like I'm wearing as much of it as I'm managing to get on the figures I have started. The current work table would put a five year-old's ability to make a mess to shame, and for the life of me I don't know why I'm being such a "mess maker" right now.  I guess we all have our moments so here is hoping it passes soon.   Through all of the mess I was able to finish the second snowman, plus I have two Santa heads finished on cone shaped bodies.
 

The tall Santa is just under 26" tall and is taking forever to dry.  I still need to complete his shoulders and arms, as I need to on the shorter Christmas fellow, but I need the heads and bodies dry enough before beginning those additions.   They should actually look more like Father Christmas figures when they are finished.


I have two tree-topper snowmen started as well so I better get back to work on those two characters so I have something to share next week.  Oh that's right, next week is Thanksgiving and then we open the Christmas tree farm...how did that happen so quickly?!!  Yikes, off to work I go!

Have a great weekend and happy Thanksgiving planning!
Laurie

4 comments:

Ludmila said...

wow! They are already beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love these, just amazing! I still say you are one of the most productive artists I know!

maddyrose said...

I love your Santa and snowmen figures and can't wait to see how they look finished. What, paper mache messy? Well of course it's messy. You should see my work area when I'm working with the stuff. Looking forward to seeing the tree toppers.

Chicken Lips said...

Can't wait to see that HUGE Santa completed! Everything looks wonderful (as always!)