Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day and ...Spring?

We took a little break over the weekend and went to visit my Mother for Mother's Day, and had the added bonus of seeing my two sisters and some other family members as well. Mom looked so happy as we each arrived with blooming annuals, so after a lovely lunch we jumped into planting mode and filled her planters with some of her favorites. It looked pretty colorful when we finished! I think she had a really good day.

I arrived home and had a moment when I checked email and realized I had almost forgotten what day of the month it was and that my SpookyTime Jingles update was to be done today. Where is my brain? (please don't answer that)

Let me introduce you to "Lester Lumina." He is a fun little fellow full of Halloween magic that so loves the holiday he wears a "31" on his hat....


carries a skelly bucket to collect all of his treats in.....

and has a bat bow tie to guide him through the night.

I'm so happy with his finish and the linear work on his cape and vest. Some of my best work to date I think.

The update is Wednesday night at midnight!

Lastly, I sadly had to turn the heat back on again today. Wet and cool does not make for great working conditions so after looking at the thermostat and realizing it wasn't my imagination, on came the heat. Ahhhh, warm hands!! Wild spring here in the Plains!!

Laurie

6 comments:

yoborobo said...

Laurie - he is just fabulous! And I am so glad I'm not the only one who almost glitched on the STJ posting. xox

Liz Revit said...

Laurie, Lester is adorable. I love how his little hat is off to the side. Love all the details in this piece.

Mila said...

Hi Laurie ...what can I say?
Simply wonderful as your creations!
Hugs,
Mila :)

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Aw, you didn't take pictures of your mom's lovely flowers:(
Love Lester!
Don't love the fact that we had to turn the heat back on here as well!

Chicken Lips said...

Wonderful, as always! That STJ update really snuck up on me as well...where DOES the time go?!

Brandi McKenna said...

I LOVE the hat off to the one side...awesome detail with the BAT BOWTIE!! And fabulous painting. Your pieces are so wonderful, always make me smile. Happy update!!
Brandi