Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Witchy Work completed

The first work for Ghoultide Gathering is beginning to be finished in the studio.  It is such a pleasure to start the painting process on the poor little paper mache forms that seemed to be begging for color. Color, after all, does bring out the personality in all of the characters I create.

I had a great time sculpting this piece as well, especially that little flow in her skirt as she prepares to take off for her next fight.  Paper mache is an interesting material and getting it to bend to my will is often an effort.  Lets just say that the paper mache and I disagreed a little bit, but it finally gave in to my persuasion and tender touches....plus a few kind words to praise it's performance for not tearing free from her body form. 


This is little Twila "Twilight" Wicked,  (For those of you that follow my work, you already know that all of my witches are from the "Wicked" family.) who is cheered by her family for her bewitching broom skills.  Not only can this little witch fly a good broom, but she can expertly cast a spell on it to sweep, poke and play tricks on her companions.

Hope you like the direction this year's work is taking.  I'll be giving more peeks as works are completed.  

Have a creative week!
Laurie

3 comments:

Leanne E said...

Looooove her :)

Lisa J. Ammerman said...

Twila is fabulous! I can't wait to see more of your wonderful Halloween pieces!

Hanni said...

a very cool witch