Friday, March 20, 2009

Blog Award

Well that Chris, of Designs by CK, just gave me a blog award, which I am to list 7 of my favorite things and then pass the award along to 7 other bloggers. Thank you Chris!!!
Seven of my favorite things:

1. My husband...he is a person, and not a thing per say, but he is one of my favorite things. He is so supportive of what I am doing and I adore him.

2. My cats...they entertain me every day. Elwood, Jake and Glycey are just the best...well most of the time...after all, they are cats.

3. Sunshine...I work faster and feel so much better when the sun is shining.

4. Sleeping in....I just think that if you are sleeping that your body must need it so waking up without an alarm clock is just the best thing!!

5. Creating...yes is it one of my favorite things and Halloween tends to be a favorite subject/holiday.

6. PBS...I'm a junky. Charlie Rose, Frontline, Scientific America, NOVA, Antiques Road Show, etc... I have yet to watch a "reality" based TV show and get hooked because of PBS.

7. Blogging...there is so much talent in blogland that I have spent hours just visiting new sites and viewing my favorites. Sometimes I spend too much time at it according to others in this house....hmmmmm!! HA

Okay 7 bloggers to pass this on to:

1. Chicken Lips--David is always doing something fun and exciting on his blog and his work is just the best...plus he raises chickens.

2. PJ's Talking--she makes me laugh and I love her work and use of color.

3. Pumpkinseed Originals--Janell has a blog award free zone, but she is one of my favorite bloggers and artists so I just had to give her a shout out!!

4. Bone-Head Studio--Flora is just one of the most talented women that amazes me monthly with her new creations.

5. Crescent Hill Designs--Lance keeps coming up with the best ideas and pieces. I always look forward to his updates.

6. The Holiday Queen--That Melissa has the best thing going on this month on her blog. She is pure genius at blogging and her work is pure eye candy!!

7. The Cart Before the Horse--Jo and Dylan's work is just inspiring!!! Most of you already know them, but if you haven't looked at their blog or their work you are in for a huge treat!

5 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laurie ~ YAY & FINALLY!!! J/K '-)

Fun read and I'm a PBS junkie too...mainly for the Britcoms!

"Are You Being Served", "Keeping Up Appearances", & "As Time Goes By" are among my faves! I watch the "Antiques Roadshow" too.

I agree on sleeping in too without an alarm, much to my partner's chagrin who has a regular 9 to 5 job!

Blogging addict here too which is WHY I only ever get HALF of the art done I should!!!

You are very welcome on the award!

Have a great weekend. :-)

SpOOky CK (-'

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Whoo Hoo...so deserved!

And I love the Antiques Road Show! I just wish I had some obscure viking helmet that I used for a potted plant hanging around somewhere :]

vintagepaletteart said...

Loved reading your 7 things Laurie! =o)

Jo James said...

Congrats!
And thanks :)
I love PBS too (did you ever see Frontier House), but mostly I love NPR (it's radio cousin).

Thanks again for the award and the sweet words :)

Chicken Lips said...

Ahhh..Laurie you are the best!!! Thanks for the praise...it means SO much coming from you!