Monday, April 20, 2009

Thank you Candy!!!

I got something in the mail on Saturday, from Candy at Howling Moon Designs !! Candy had my name as part of the EHAG annual swap, and being a sweety, she sent me my piece early...which, for those of you who REALLY know me is about the best thing in my book not to have to wait another 4 weeks. I was one of those children that tried to peek at wrapped Christmas packages, couldn't wait for my birthday each year, and just flat out likes anything wrapped. Well, I'm telling you this (I apologize Candy) because in my thrill of unwrapping my gift, I failed to take pictures of the lovely tissue paper and tie Candy placed around my piece, and I took it off like a three-year-old! Oops!


Here she is!!! Candy sent me a lovely witch with a skull scepter....and look at her little fingers with black nail polish. I put her out on the table and within minutes she was discovered by Jake, so she is now up on top of one of the china cabinets out of reach!! Isn't she adorable?!!!! Thank you Candy...I just love surprises!!

This is post 197, which means 200 is quickly approaching so you have plenty of time to sign up as a follower before my giveaway. Heather left me a comment and wasn't sure how to follow so here are the directions. On the right side of my blog just below a few examples of my Halloween paintings is a box that is the Google follow box. If you have a blog account you just click on the white button that says "Follow" and it takes you through the steps to become a follower. Very easy!! Hope that helps.

I hope your Monday and week are filled full of wonderful surprises like mine and happy creating!

Laurie

12 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW ~ What a lovely witch from Candy!!!

Enjoy & have a great week.

SpOOky CK (-'

Unknown said...

Laurie,
I am at work and cant see the images...I bet is is fantastic by way of the description...I will look again after work...Congrats...

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

yoborobo said...

That witch is very sweet! I love her. :)

~Tonya said...

Awww what a sweet Witch Candy sent to you. I bet she can not wait for yours.

I was able to swap with Candy for a skelly swap and I must say, I love my skelly from her.

I am following....LOL I had forgotten. Wow, 200 posts already! Seems like not that long ago, you were just beginning.

So glad that I had found you, when you first started.

Have a great day Laurie.
Hugs,
~Tonya

PEA said...

Love it! she is very sweetly done. Candy is so sweet.
I am like you Laurie. Peeker, hate waiting and if you tell me I am getting and have to wait I hate that. Drives me batty. Gift wrapping makes it all better. Maybe that is what I need to do to my head. gift wrap it and this headache will go away.
enjoy your witch and have the most wonderful week. Even if I don't win I will be back. Just LOVE your blog!
Hugs,Pea

Unknown said...

I can it now...I love the details...How wonderful laurie...surprises are nice

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Awwww Laurie :), You're so sweet!
I'm so glad you like the Witch :)
I was Tickeled when I found out I would be making something for you for the Gift Exchange!
Hugs..
Candy

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful and how sweet! :)

Chicken Lips said...

Candy is really a sweetheart, isn't she. And so gosh darn talented!

vintagepaletteart said...

OMG Laurie!!! YOu lucky, lucky girl!!! Candy, your witch is gorgeous!!! Now I really feel like a slacker. I am going to be so late with the EHAG swap.....=o) At least Iva will understand (because she's like me)..LOL

Laurie, stop by our blogs.......=o)

Hugs and a huge thank you! See....this just goes to show that what you put out, comes back to you. You're a sweetheart!

Hugs, Lori

Anonymous said...

Hello Laurie! I just found your blog and I love your art! you are so talented! Halloween is my favorite holdiay to decorate, I start as early as August and leave some pieces out throughout the entire year! If you have time, please visit my new blog~Sweet William Primitives! Blessings! Kathy

Anonymous said...

Laurie, Thank you for stopping by my new blog and for your sweet comment! I love your witch..what a nice gift! Blessings! Kathy