Monday, April 5, 2010

Big Head Frankie

I had a weekend filled with painting and final sculpting on a few pieces and thought I would share "Big Head Frankie" with you. This little guy has a thing for Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack crew in Vegas so he was insistent on tuxedo style attire, but picked a silly pumpkin fellow for his bucket. Guess you can't always understand the mind, or should I say seed-pulp, of a pumpkin boy.

I've been using more glazes and experimenting on the finished paint surface of some of the more recent pieces and I think it may show in the close up of "Frankie". Hope you like the change. I'm particularly happy with how it is working on the heads and faces of the figures. Unfortunately, the camera can't pick it all up, but I still think it shows in a subtle way in the images of "Frankie".

Have a great week!! Back to the paint for me!
Laurie

8 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Laurie, Frankie is so cute. Is Dean next? Heee! Heee!

yoborobo said...

Laurie, he is just swoony cute. :) Does he sing? xo Pam

Trish said...

He's wonderful Laurie. Very swayvee and deeboner....eh, suave and debonair. LOL

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Oh Liz, you caught me...Dean and Sammy both!! Dean is a squash head....more to come!

Oh Pam, sadly all he does is lip sync to Frank's CDs, but if you heard him speak you would understand why!!

Thank you Trish...he was insistent about the bow tie and jacket!!

Have a good week all!
Laurie

Alice Stroppel said...

He's wonderful!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you Alice!...even if he already has a BIG head!!

Mila said...

Очень интересно!!! Спасибо!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thanks for thinking my work is interesting Mila!!