Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Peanut Butter Skelly Time!

I was having a little peanut butter on a sesame rice cake while working on two skellies, and all of a sudden that silly little song, "peanut butter jelly time" popped in my head...only I don't have any jelly so I changed it to "peanut butter skelly time".

This is the little guy I'm working on today plus I have to get some things finished up in clay. I guess that makes it a two-fer day with a bit of clay and a bit of paint.

I also played with the new camera. I've had goldfinches and house finches on the bird feeders keeping me company as I work. I just love seeing them when I look up, which is happening more frequently since I have a squirrel that jumps up on a plant stand and clicks his little claws on the patio window to let me know he needs a peanut. Geez!

Off to finish my peanut butter....have a good day!
Laurie

8 comments:

BlacknickSculpture said...

Great face on that skelly fella Laurie! What is he holding in his hand?

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

He has a broom he stole from the witch that lives next to him. He never learns!

yoborobo said...

Love your peanut butter skelly dude. And I love goldfinches, too. :) You have a trained squirrel? ;) xo Pam

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Pam,
The winter was so awful here and this poor squirrel was looking terrible so I started to set out nuts for him when I saw him on the fence. If I forgot a day, or was tardy, he started tapping on the window at ground level. If that didn't get a response he would see me at the studio table and he started jumping onto the plant stand so he was at my eye level, and would tap until I made eye contact with him. Pavlov's squirrel!! We had a friend, Don, teach a squirrel to ring his back doorbell when it wanted a peanut. They are smart little fellows.

I have not named him, but he is the tiny guy the big boys pick on. I like the underdog!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

I adore your skelly!!! that face just makes me smile!

I am a bird lover and love to see the bright birds that live around you~
Great photo's!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

The goldfinch just showed up about two weeks ago and came in as a flock. They are so pretty and get those Monkey-Cats all excited!! HA!!
Thanks Pattee!
Laurie

William Bezek said...

Nice bird pics, and nice sculptures!

Unknown said...

Good stuff Laurie!