Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Painted Orb WIP

What have I been up to? Well, I started on this orb over the 4th of July weekend and I have been painting little details on it as I have time. I thought it was far enough along to share a few pictures of it evolving. The top is a painted spiderweb sky with stars and swirls in the very lowest portion of the black background. I have also finished painting Goddard, the pumpkin boy, holding his skelly balloon and a little row of jack-o'-lanterns off to his left.

I have been having such fun glazing over the cream colored background making the lumps and bumps of the paper mache more visible. I really love that quality of paper mache and I am so glad I discovered the material I'm currently working with. It is very forgiving of my scrubbing (don't read this Carolee) with my paint brushes and fingers.

I obviously have much more to do on this sphere, but thought it might be fun to see it develop over the next few days.

Have a great week!
Laurie

10 comments:

Carolee said...

Scrubbing with paint brushes?! Oh, say it ain't sooooooo!!!

Just kidding - I use old ones for scrubbing a dry-brush effect all the time, hehe...

LOVE this piece!!!

~ Carolee

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

STUNNING!!! You're very talented!
Darla

Roz & Aidy said...

This is wonderful! Love all the detail, you are very talented!

Roz
xx

Melissa the Holiday Queen said...

Hey I'd take it just the way it is. I hope you'll be bringing a few of these to H&V!?!

Phillane E'lee said...

That is a true work of art my friend. I love the jack and skelly! OMG too stinkin cute!
Hugs,Pea

yoborobo said...

ACK! Your talent knows no boundaries! Now you are a drybrush wizard as well? I'd love to be a fly in your studio wall, to watch you work, except that maybe you would swat me. LOL! Great piece, Laurie. :)

softinthehead said...

I just love this Laurie....you NEVER cease to amaze and delight me with your talent! I wish I could paint dry or wet....I wish I could paint! Pam

Codys Keepsakes said...

I love it....I love to dry brush...and yes lots of old brushes for that. Can't wait to see it finished!!!
Kathren

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Carolee...my bad!!! Thank you for stopping by!!

Darla, well hello, and a compliment back at you...love your recent wc portrait post on your blog!!

Thank you Roz!!!! So glad you stopped by!!

Hi Melissa....a couple of these?!! I'm hoping for this one! **giggle**

Thank you Pea. I need to get over to see you!! Aahhhh, must have more hours in the day!

Pam...I don't smack flies so you would be safe!!! I probably would be boring to watch.

Kathren, thank you for stopping by great to find another scumbler!!

Have a great day all and thank you so much for the comments...they feed me!!
Laurie

Caroline said...

Very nice, love your paintings! ☺