Monday, July 6, 2009

SpookyTime Jingles 1st Anniversary This Month!!!!

This month SpookyTime Jingles will be celebrating it's first anniversary as an online marketplace. I have been fortunate to be with SpookyTime Jingles since it went live last year, and it has been a wonderful place for me to grow and meet other artists and buyers. STJ has great talent and I feel honored to be in such wonderful company!

As part of the 1st anniversary celebration the artist will be participating by giving back in two ways. First, the shipping will be free site wide on most pieces (except those unique pieces that require additional shipping expenses due to size or weight) and two; the artists will be giving a portion of their sales to the ASPCA or to their local animal shelters.

Monkey-Cats Studio will be participating in both, and because of their good work in our community I have designated the Kearney Area Humane Society as the recipient for the donations from my sales. For each work sold by Monkey-Cats Studio in July, 10% of the sale price will be given to the Kearney Area Humane Society in the name of the buyer. I love animals and know how much they can improve our quality of life so I think this is a really great idea for us to embrace. I hope you all agree.

Below are two of the pieces that will be coming up in July on STJ. Below is "Mr. Purrsonality" that will be one of the Halloween offerings. He still needs his bucket so he isn't completely finished yet.


"Mr. Purrsonality" is a smiler and has a bit of a twinkle in his eye. He learned as a kitten that if he smiled it would make those around him smile back so it is a lesson he never forgot...smart little kitty!!

Below is "Purrseus" and he is just freshly into his paint so has much work to be done on his surface. "Purrseus" will be on the Christmas page as one of the works offered for the winter season. Like his Halloween friend, he also knows how to get to us humans with his wide grin.

These two boys ask that you support your animal shelters and hope you have a great week!!
Laurie

5 comments:

Chicken Lips said...

Love those eyes. Such detail...such talent!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thanks David...back to the paint for me!!
Laurie

~dani~ said...

Oh the eyes are dreamy! Your cat pieces always speak to me. There is NO hiding you are an animal lover!

Thanks for being with STJ since the start. You took a leap of faith my dear. I still remember our first phone chat. I am delighted to have you as a seller and a friend. Hugs~

yoborobo said...

I love your kitties, Laurie! They have the best expressions - they make me smile. :) Keep painting!!! xox Pam

Brandi McKenna said...

What a fabulous post and terrific CATS! I just love them! I love the expressions and eyes, your pieces have such incredible depth of character and personality...Fantastic!!