Monday, February 22, 2010

Penny Tree Auction, and What I Have Been Up To...

Well, if you haven't read yet, the Penny Tree Auction was a wonderful success and I thank all of the PFATT members and the bidders for making it special for all of us that participated. A special thank you to Lori "Nana" Davis for spurring us on and putting the auction together and for donating that lovely feather tree. Also, a big cyber hug to all of the PFATT members that made ornaments, encouraged the project and acted behind the scenes as it all came together. Continued healing thoughts and prayers go out to Penny as she continues her battle against leukemia. Love those PFATTies!!

On a lighter note, this is what I have been up to...paper mache clay!! One rabbit fully sculpted (his bow tie is in his bucket), a cat head and body started, a pumpkin devil in desperate need of hands, a small pumpkin head waiting for detail work and lots of forms with the initial coat of paper mache. I worked on the list last night of what is left to do and it contains over 50 items left to sculpt to complete this group, which is in addition to sculpting the faces not yet in place.


I guess that means I need to get back to work!!! Clay, coffee, a diet-coke, a bowl of warm water and towels are waiting for me so I better get to it.

One other thing happened over the weekend...a third column has been added to my blog. Thank you goes to hubby for loving a challenge and figuring out which template change I needed and then making it happen for me. I love that man of mine!!

Have a great week all!!! (I get to play in the clay so mine will be good!)
Laurie

5 comments:

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Yippee! WIP's. I'm looking forward to your updates on how they are coming along...and of course the grand finale photos when they are complete. Hmm, 50 to complete this group..that means we are in for some treats.

Jody

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Love the new wips and the new blog look!

Jorge de Rojas said...

OMG, you make me feel Lazy. I better get back to work to catch up.

Unknown said...

Sheesh Laurie, you are making me feel very lazy (like Jorge) as I've been designing some other stuff and haven't had my hands in clay lately. But, you've just inspired me and I will get back to it asap. As for 50 pieces, not sure I can do that ;)

Lori

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Jody...well, I have marked some things off of the list and now have two figures completely sculpted!!! YIPPEE!!

Thanks Jen...Hubby did a web search and came up with the right template to do the 3 columns. I was trying to use the wrong template...no wonder I was frustrated!!

Jorge...you lazy, I don't think so! I just came back from looking at your female figure with the skirt--OMG!!! Go Jorge!!

Lori, It isn't 50 full figures Lori, it is 50 smaller pieces (buckets, collars, scepters, hats, tails and additions I need to finish to complete the group of 10 figures. Now, get those hands in some clay!!!

Have a great week all!!
Laurie