Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2 Painted Spooks and Father Christmas

I am painting like crazy and still feel like a snail. I have managed to complete the two little spooks below, "Mad Hatter Skelly" and "Hocus Pocus Skelly" for the STJ update. Both figures ended up in Halloween paint, but the magician figure is a first for me so I still did something new for my figures. I still want to paint a "Hallomas" (Chris Klinger word) Skelly so it is on my "to do" list.


The two make a nice look together...similar, yet very different.


Full figures with bases.


Detail of Hocus Pocus Skelly...he does like his jewelry and border trimmed attire.

I painted his bucket to match his outfit!! Diva Skelly...HA!!


Mad Hatter Skelly has a lovely bat bow tie and some long spindly fingers.

Father Christmas has his first layer of stain on the paint, but I still have hours of work to do on his base and lower torso. He is getting there though. I mixed a new blue last night for his eyes and I'm liking the icy shade that came out.


That is what I have been up to and I need to get back to work on other pieces so we will talk to you after the 10th!!!! Very busy, as I know you all are this time of year!!!

Don't forget we update our SpookyTime Jingles pages on the 13th!!! Still time for a little treasure in your stocking!

Happy Creating and have a great day...snow here!!
Laurie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are adorable, especially Hocus Pocus! :)

Unknown said...

Laurie,
How awesome and inspiring you are. I love your work...Thank you for making me smile. Tim Burton would be awed...please visit my blog..I want you to have an award (my first award and excited to give out to the ppl who make me inspired)

Sonia ;)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

GREAT spooks!!!

Chris :-)

Chicken Lips said...

You say I work fast! Laurie, I cannot believe the quality and quantity of work YOU get done! I love them all!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Awesome Pieces Laurie (As Usual) :)
Happy Holidays to ya!
Candy

Kristen Beason said...

Hey Laurie~
Great new pieces and can you believe the 13th is almost here?!?!

Kristen

Stefania Morgante said...

I fall in love of your creations!