Tuesday, December 23, 2008

3 New WIPs

Three little Works In Progress (WIPs) today that I have been working on. We have a Skelly in a top hat (that I have plans on painting in a way I haven't done before so knock on wood that it works out), a Pumpkin Boy dressed for Easter with his bunny ears and big bow tie, and a Santa in a top hat holding Mrs. Claus' gift and two candy canes (one for her and one for him to have in their hot chocolate cocktails before they leave for the New Year's Ball...after all, they need a little incognito downtime too!!).


In addition to showing you the three little fellows above, I would like to thank the patrons, artists, friends and family that have made this past 6 months such an amazing experience for me. It seems impossible to me that I started this blog just this past June because of all the wonderful customers and cyber artist friends I have made in such a short amount of time. I correspond with many of you on a regular basis, and look forward to the generous give and take from many of you regarding creative tips, feeling like I have known you for years, not just months. The journey has been encouraging, thrilling, surprising, sometimes exhausting, and never ever boring!!! I now am working longer hours than I have ever worked before, but I have the energy and drive that I haven't experienced previously in my life. You all lift me to want to do bigger and better things in 2009 , and for that I say THANK YOU!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season and remember it isn't about the gifts you receive, but the gifts of love and friendship you give...I hope I have given many of you this gift.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!!

Laurie

12 comments:

Cassie said...

Merry Christmas Laurie!

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

You are a true sweetheart! What a nice post. We all enjoy your art, your fun blog, and your friendship. ~PJ

FishStikks said...

I've just started following your blog but have seen your work before. Very excited to finally have a place to drool all over your work at my leisure and love your new works!

Hope your holidays are great!

Unknown said...

Laurie,

They are wonderful, love their expressions. Your post was sweet, your artwork makes me smile, and encourages me to keep trying new things. Thank you

Sonia ;)

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Merry Merry Laurie!!!

Only 1 more day!!!

Chris Kringle :-P)

XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see them finished. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laurie,

WOW ~ Thanks SO very much for the BOO-TIFUL ornament...I will cherish it always!!!

You made my Christmas brighter & a happy one. :-)

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

PS: Happy New Year!

Hugs,
Chris

XOXO

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you all...went to visit family for Christmas and had a great time. An "almost" 4 year old great-nephew kept me laughing most of the day with his Spiderman stocking cap and long underwear parade. Coincidently, I have no painting done to speak of so these guys are still bare!!!

I hope each of you had as joyous of a holiday as we did!!!

Laurie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laurie! ~ Thanks again for stopping by and your words of cheer. I absolutely ADORE my ornament you sent me!!! You shouldn't have BUT... I'm SO glad you did!!!

SpOOky Cheers!
Chris (-:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!!! :-)

Chris

XOXO

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

What a awesome post Laurie! I agree with you to. It has been a Wonderful 6 months getting to know alot of Artists and the sharing is fabulous :)..
Happy New Year!
Candy

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thanks Candy and Chris!! Wow, New Year's Eve is quickly approaching so I better get a new post up!!

Thank you for stopping by and Chris I am so glad the ornament brought you a little cheer!!

Laurie