Friday, June 20, 2008

Skelly-Belly Dressed as Dracula


Close up of Skelly-Belly Dressed as Dracula


Skelly-Belly dressed as Dracula for the Punkin/Pumpkin Ball (it's all a matter of perspective) is a new piece you haven't seen yet. I put little wispy clouds over the moon and added grave markers to make it a littlle more moody. Had to do a little research of old Hollywood Dracula photos to correctly attire the little guy, and I have to admit I took liberty with the pants. I'm kind of into this stripe thing right now. Anyway, it is 8" x 10", acrylic on canvas board.

I do Skelly-Belly in clay as well but don't have one on hand to share with you. Unlike most sculpted skeletons out there that are very thin, mine happens to be really round like a pumpkin figure...he comes from a family with big bones I think.

That's the visual nibble for the day....that was really bad wasn't it!! SORRY
Laurie

6 comments:

CCs Whimsies said...

Oh My GOODNESS!!! I am a Laurie Hardin GROUPIE!!! I'm in love, love, love with your art! I would be honored to add you to my blog, and pray I will own one of your original pieces of art very soon! Never stop creating Miss Laurie!! WOW!!

Anonymous said...

Love your creations! I would like to add you to my bloglist if that is okay.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laurie,

WOW your artwork & blog is lovely! :)

Thanks for the compliment on mine as well.

PS: Will be fun to trade links. '-)

Spooky Reagrds,
Chris

softinthehead said...

I agree with Christy....AMAZING! I too am adding you to my blog....Of course I am no where in the same league as you and Christy but I can dream. I am just blown away with your colors and imagination and thrilled I found you! I too am a groupie!!!! Pam

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Boo~tiful art work Laurie!! I love it all!!

Kim

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Drool city! This guy is amazing. I cant wait to see him in "real". Love his body and face. And of course the bucket. Awesome!