Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Another Elf


Another Elf out of paperclay!! I think I like this clay more and more for the small figures. It is much faster for me to work with, the wave of the collar didn't crack and need repair as it was being built and last night I was already able to start painting on the first Elf. I also discovered the paperclay sands beautifully as you prepare it for paint. I put a thin coat of gesso over the whole figure and base, let it dry and then started putting on paint and the paint goes on softer in appearance, almost like the look of watercolor. I'm so glad I tried it and look forward to more experimentation!! I have only done Christmas figures with it so far but is my mind whirling with Halloween ideas in paperclay. Will I ever get them all done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, if I didn't have to do laundry, grocery shopping, dishes, cleaning, cooking...well, I'm entitled to dream, aren't I?!!

Happy Creating! LOL

5 comments:

Melissa Valeriote said...

Looks cute already. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

Anonymous said...

Another adorable creation!! Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you both. I'm painting #1 right now and heard the computer chime there were emails so took a short pause. Hoped to have him done for tomorrow but I am so sloooowwwwww. Maybe Friday!!
LOL-Laurie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

U GO GIRL!!! '-)

Happy week!

PS: Thanks for all your lovely recent compliments on mine as well.

Spooky Hugs,
Chris

Melissa said...

Hey Laurie-
They're both so cute already! I'm wondering what colors you'll use to paint them! I love paperclay too. When I want something more "rustic" looking I use celluclay but prefer the paperclay. I'm finishing up 2 Halloween pieces with paperclay and will probably post today.
Smiles-
Tootie