Sunday, July 6, 2008

Wonderful 4th!!!

I'm back home and in the studio today after being in Kearney, MO, at my sister and brother-in-law's "Star-Spangled-Fire Cracker Extravaganza." To say it is a family and friend get together is an understatement. There was food galore, drink and a fireworks show that makes their neighbors bring out their lawn chairs to watch. It is just too fun and is a must do annually. (Oh, and my sister had just redecorated the bedroom we stayed in with black furniture, tasteful black and white treescape photos, brushed nickel accents and new black and white bedding--too wonderful and spa-like. ) They used a new BBQ guy this year (to supplement the rest of the food...like the to die for homemade cherry cobbler!!) and since they are on the north edge of Kansas City (BBQ Mecca of the Midwest) of course it was fabulous and everyone loved the jalapeno corn which was voted the perfect side dish to the brisket and pulled pork. YUM!! Yeah, it is sort of about the food too!!! The family pyrotechnists finished off the 4th for us with their skill of intermixing the correct proportions of fountains, aerials, mortars and boomers to the delight and cheering of us all!!

Six hours of driving yesterday we were home and greeted by the motley kitty crew. They were happy to see us and are obviously back in their routine since I have had all 3 in my lap and behind me since I started typing this. Ah, the love of the purr-generous furry family!!

Have a great day...pictures tomorrow of a pumpkin guy in cat make-up for Halloween...kind of cute!!
LOL
Laurie

2 comments:

Carolee said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, and I'm drooling at the thought of that cherry cobbler, lol....

Looking forward to seeing the pumpkin guy!

~ Carolee

vintagepaletteart said...

Hi Laurie! Yummy! I want to come to your family's 4th! lol

I posted a couple of videos on my blog of our towns fireworks, so stop on over and take a peek!

Happy Belated 4th of July to you!
*Lori