Monday, November 17, 2008

Second Elf

I finished putting the second paperclay elf together on Saturday so here he is in clay. I have one more elf I want to do, but I have to finish another short Santa for an order so I have to go back to fastmache this week. I also have a lot of painting to get done so this will be a short post so I can get to the studio table!!

This little elf is affixed to the lid of a papier mache box. He can be lifted to allow you to use the box for storing a little "something-something" or for placing a small gift inside. Like I have said before, these are great to use as a gift box for jewelry. (Yes, I have jewelry disease.)


He is holding two little ornaments because the elves are decorating the Christmas tree at the North Pole. The ornaments will be vintage inspired when painted.


That's it for today!!!

Happy creating all...such a busy time of the year for us, but isn't it fun?!!
Laurie

5 comments:

Christopher A. Klingler said...

TOO FUN Laurie ~ LOVE the ruffled collar.

Have a great week lady. :)

I finally got your award posted on my blog & thanks again!!!

Hugs,
Chris

PJHornbergerFolkArtist.com said...

Laurie he's wonderful. But he's naked just like the other one. When are they gonna have a little color? I know you're busy, but naked elves are, well... naked. ~PJ

Lance said...

this guy is already crazy good, can't wait to see him finished!

Halloween Fanatic said...

Love you mischievous looking elves-too fun! Robert :)

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Love the Elves Laurie!But then I love everything you make!...Busy, busy..you said it! Not sure about fun though..LOL
Candy