Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bertram Goodhue on STJ

Have you ever heard a name and you just liked it....well, that is what happened to me when I first heard the name Bertram Goodhue when I was in the 4th grade. Who was he? Well, he was an American architect and he designed the State Capitol building in Lincoln, Nebraska. I love that building with it's mosaics and murals and perhaps that is why I never forgot his name.

When I finished the lumina pumpkin figure below, the name Bertram Goodhue jumped in my head and wouldn't go away (no, I don't hear voices!!). So I decided his face was made up of "good hues" and certainly Bertram was a great name, so why not?!! The name seems to suit him for some reason.

Bertram is shown above with his spindly vein fingers holding onto his skelly bucket, and below you can see a close up. Lots of good little details on this piece.

Betram is going on SpookyTime Jingles this month. As part of supporting the Kearney Area Humane Society, 10% of his purchase price will be given to them for their good work in the name of his buyer.

Bertram thanks you for your consideration. Again, this is the 1st Anniversary for SpookyTime Jingles (updates at 12:00 a.m. on the 13th) and there are some great pieces for this anniversary so stay up late on the 12th to see all of the sweet and spooky goodness!!

Have a great day!
Laurie

10 comments:

PEA said...

Oh Laurie,
He is wonderful! I love the name so unusual.
That skelly bucket is so adorable. Love it.
Have a great week you creating genie.
Hugs,Pea

Robin Armstrong Seeber said...

omg, love himmmmm, so sweet!! hugs, me

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Pea....glad you like little Bertram!!

Robin, your new dollie is gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by!!

Thank you both!
Laurie

Halloween Fanatic said...

Fab name-Fab piece

Come by and see us and celebrate 200 with us...

http://twinklestricksandtreats.blogspot.com/2009/07/happy-200th-twinkle.html

Brandi McKenna said...

I love the name, too, and Bertram is Bad to the Bone!! You work makes me smile everytime!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Robert...200 posts!!! Congratulations and thanks for stopping by!!

Oh Brandi, thanks so much!!! Building my STJ pages today so this will be a llllloooonnnnngggg day!!!

Thanks again!
Laurie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Popping in 4 a belated hello & enjoy your weekend!

XOXO

Chris (-:

Chicken Lips said...

Another masterpiece!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Hi Chris!!!! Loving your new cards big guy!!! Thank you for stopping by to say hello.

David you are too kind! "Me loves a punkin' boy"***giggle***

Have a great weekend all!!
Laurie

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Oh I Love him Laurie! and I love his name :)
Hugs,
Candy