Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pumpkin Boy WIPs

I have been working on finishing a group of 11 figures in paper mache this past week.  It always amazes me how long it takes to add their little fingers, boots and "extras" to help them develop a personality.  Below, are two of the pumpkin boy figures that are almost completed in paper mache.  The figure on the left is waiting for his scepter head, but he has failed to tell me yet what it needs to be so currently it is just a stick.  I suspect from the way he is holding that stick it needs to be a cane so he can tap dance the night away.  Doesn't he look like he wants to dance?...and 5-6-7-8, (insert Fred Astaire singing- )
"I'm puttin' on my top hat,
Tyin' up my white tie,
Brushin' off my tails.
I'm dudin' up my shirt front,
Puttin' in the shirt studs,
Polishin' my nails...."


Okay, that just gave me the solution!!  I love it when things work that easily!

Have a great week...I'm off to sculpt the top of Fred's cane!!
Laurie

3 comments:

maddyrose said...

Laurie, these two fellas are terrific. I love your pumpkin head guys. I never thought to sign an oldy when I'm searching for that special something. I think I'll try it.

Unknown said...

Fred is looking very dapper to say the least... can't wait to see their clothes. xx

Maggie said...

Arent' these boys just adorable! Absolutely love them! I was humming "Puttin' On The Ritz" when I created a character with a cane. These pumpkin boys are special!