Thursday, November 10, 2011

Back in the Studio

Yikes, has it really been an entire month since I last posted?!!! How did that happen?   I would love to say I was off doing something fun, but I was actually busy deep cleaning the house, which consequently put me flat on my back for 10 days.  Seems as though scrubbing floors on my hands and knees does not agree with my lower back.  Fortunately for me it was only muscular so if I'm careful I shouldn't repeat that little episode. (famous last words)  Any of you suffering with chronic back pain now has my deepest sympathy!

I was able to get back to work on Monday, and now have a few works in various stages of development.  This little fellow, Dapper Snowman, is now fully sculpted and is currently drying on the rack with a tall Santa.  With our interior humidity at only 40% it shouldn't take too long for the paper mache clay to dry.   I'll continue sculpting for the next few days knowing that if the mood to paint hits me I should be able to switch over very soon.  I need to switch it up to keep things interesting.


I'm off to go work on the second snowman, to build more top hats and to get some candy cups sculpted.   It will only be a few weeks before the tree farm opens so I need to get crack-a-lackin'!  Oh dear, I just remembered we are getting some pre-cut trees this year...I sure hope Mr. Monkey-Cats doesn't need help unloading those 75 frazier firs!  Ouch!

I hope you all have a great day! 
Laurie

3 comments:

maddyrose said...

Laurie this latest snowman is adorable.

Unknown said...

MOST EXCELLENT! Your work kicks booh-teh as usual, Laurie!

Maggie said...

Glad you're feeling better! Your snowman is just adorable.