Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sneak Peek of a Ghoultide Gathering Work!

I photographed for over an hour this morning trying to catch up on documenting work completed for the Ghoultide Gathering Halloween show, October 5-6, in Chelsea, Michigan.  I haven't gotten all of the editing done, but thought I would share one piece with you, "Willy the Web Master", to show you what I have been creating.


I found a domed wire cover months ago and decided it looked like a spiderweb.   I proceeded to build a rather large spidey-type character perched on top of the web.  It turned out to be a fun piece because when you place a small Halloween character under the cover it looks like Willy has captured or imprisoned the occupant.  I don't know why I didn't leave one in place to photograph the work, but I plan on exhibiting the work with a character serving as "prey" under the dome.


In other news I will be participating in the EHAG Emporium this month.  At 9 p.m. Eastern Time, on this Friday,  August 31st,  this little fellow, "Scaredy Bat",  will be available for purchase.  He is a one of several Boo Boy figures I have created, but the only one being chased by a bat in formal attire.   Normally, it is the Boo Boys doing the scaring, but this rascally bat has turned the tides on this little ghost character and has him on the run!  Scaredy Bat will come signed, dated and numbered and is a one-of-a-kind original from my studio.

That's it for now!  I have to go paint...naked paper mache figures are beckoning me for some clothing!

Laurie

3 comments:

yoborobo said...

Hi Laurie! I love your new stuff! Hope all is well and you are getting some lovely pre-fall weather. xox

sUz said...

gAsp! nekked pieces!!! fAntAstic work lAuRie! xOx, sUz :)

Ron said...

Willy is unbelievable! great piece. you make me want to drive to michigan. :)