Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jacque at the Carnival

This painting will be my first eBay auction item. Now you have to remember that I have only been online since June 14 with my work so this is a new hurdle for me!!! I need to thank a whole lot of bloggers for nudging me to get this done, and also apologize for not knowing exactly when this will list, but I am shooting for August 15. AHHHHHHH!! (Just joking)

Jacque at the Carnival is a painting I created for the August creative theme, halloween carnival, for EHAG (Eclectic Halloween Artist Group). I am so excited to be associated with this wonderful group of artist that share a love of halloween!! It is pretty intimidating to be in their company and I hope to hold up my end because of the faith they have shown me by allowing me to participate. Very humbling.

Anyway, little Jacque is a pumpkin head dressed in traditional carnival attire (except for boo buttons instead of pom pons on the shirt) and is sooooo into masks that he has both a plain mask on his hat and carries one he just purchased at the carnival. Because it is a Halloween Carnival, he also purchased a pumpkin balloon with a carnival hat and ghoulish smirk. The green hat and tie under Mr. P. Balloon's chin is meant to "soften" the look of his less than cheery disposition, but I'm not so sure having to wear the hat isn't the reason for his displeasure. Mr. Pumpkin Balloon has been seen before in some of the borders of my work and I still feel he needs to be watched carefully even though he hasn't nudged another pumpkin off of the shelf yet!!

In the background is a tent and animal trailer for the creatures at the carnival.

Below is a close up of little Jacque with his silk scarf flowing from the top of his hat and another wrapping his head under his hat. I just thought he needed a ruffled collar to go with his attire so I gave him a nice cream colored one with a black border. Yo-Mo the spider didn't make it into this painting and she is a tad miffed, but the 8" x 10" work was getting alittle tight with all of the other elements so she will have to wait for the next painting.

I'm loving this theme idea...makes me think outside of my little studio world!! Hope you like Jacque and look for him on eBay on August 15!!

Laurie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super!!! Good Luck on EHAGG!

Unknown said...

Hey Lady, can't wait to see it on auction! Don't you just love this theme?

Lori

~dani~ said...

I swear to you if you ever stopped doing the ruffles around the neck you might cause me to have a stroke!! I just love those silly things! Promise me you will always have at least a few pieces with the ruffles! Oh and cuffs...I want cuffs too! Oh and a belt...ooh ooh stripes too! Ok, don't ever change-stay the way you are! psstt...buttons with faces too! ok now I am done....for now ;)

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Laurie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Goodness you got talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim

Unknown said...

Good for you!! Your work makes me smile :) Have a great day, Jackie

Marie Patterson Studio said...

I don't think you'll ever have anything that i don't just LOVE!!!! Best of luck with EHAGG!!!!

Kristen Beason said...

Love it! Hit the mark on the theme perfectly!!!

Kristen