Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Something New!!

I decided to make a Halloween ornament recently and just finished painting the little guy last night. It is topped with a spider web and 4 spiders, has a Halloween landscape just below the web and a black bottom with stars and swirls. Hope you like it!!

Close up of the top with the spider web and spiders

Close up of the landscape around the center of the ornament...you can also see part of the black glass ornament hanger that goes with the ornament.

Another close up of the landscape.

View of the large tree on the ornament and the black bottom with stars and swirls.

Final view with the black bottom and part of the landscape surrounding the ornament. Oh, I forgot to mention, it is a 4" ornament so it isn't itsy bitsy.

I've already decided to do another ornament, the reverse of this one with a black background instead of the linen color I used, but I need to finish another piece first so I better get in the studio and do a little sculpting and painting!!!

Have a great day...beautiful day here!!

13 comments:

Melissa Valeriote said...

OMG Laurie! This ornament is MAGNIFICENT!!!!

Ginny Diezel said...

Wowee! Super cool!

Flora said...

OH LAURIE!!!! I Love all that you create!!!!!ESPECIALLY this one!!!!!
blessings,
Flora

Christopher A. Klingler said...

WOW Laurie ~ GREAT ornie...can you send it my way? :-P)

Thanks Laurie on my tree. It is even BETTER that I have inspired you & others to create their own Halloween tree! :-)

Have a great week.

SpOOky Hugs,
Chris

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you for he compliments...I have decided I am a little crazy for painting all of the lines on the spider web, but you know, that's just me!!!!

Thanks Chris...I think you need this bad boy for your Halloween tree. In fact, I'm sure I made this just for you, that's right, just for you!! TEE HEE!!
Thanks!
Laurie

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Absolutely wonderful!!!! Your work takes my breath away!!!

Anonymous said...

Incredible!! What a great Ornament! It is always a treat to check in here and see what new and fun creations you have been busy making!

Lenae May said...

So beautiful! Theresa McFayden coined a lovely word for ornaments like this....Bellaween! Because Bella means beauty. It just fits perfect doesn't it...:)
Lenae

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thank you Jenny, Sheila and Lenae!!

I put the hanger in one of my papier mache balls and thought it needed to become an ornament several weeks ago, it just took me awhile to get to it. I'm anxious to start on the black one now that I have one under my belt.

Bellaween?...I love the sound of the Italian language and that just sounds lovely, doesn't it?!! Thank you Lenae!!!

Happy creating all!!
Laurie

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Your attention to detail astounds me!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Thanks Marie, I always love to get compliments from you!!!!

Nancy said...

Oh Laurie...This piece is just amazing...your work is inspiring! Love it!

Hugs, Nancy

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Oh Nancy, thank you soooo much!!!
Laurie