Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Quick Post...Winter Storm Watch

Just a quick post before I go to bed tonight. We have a Winter Storm Watch in place for Central Nebraska now through Thursday evening. We are suppose to start with thunderstorms tomorrow switching over to snow tomorrow night and all I can say is I'm glad I have some Christmas items for the show on Saturday--HA!!! The forecast for snow is a little early for us, but it might put the shoppers in the mood for Christmas shopping so I'm hoping for the best.

I remember the year shortly after my husband and I moved into our house we had a sudden snowstorm move in the day before Halloween and the City called off Trick or Treating because of safety. The trees still had their leaves on them and the snow was wet and clingy so we had branches cracking and falling all over town from the weight of the snow. Now how do you suppose Kelly and I disposed of our already purchased Halloween candy that year? It was cold and we needed energy so we had to do the right thing. Good thing we are chocolate lovers!!!! HA!

Here is hoping the rest of you are dry and warm somewhere!!! (See Janelle, I'm getting paybacks for the 70 degree temperatures of a week ago I was bragging about!)

Happy Creating!
Laurie

3 comments:

Ginny Diezel said...

OOOHHH Winter! The colder it gets, the better I like it! Sounds weird, coming from someone living in Virginia Beach! Occasionally we get a little snow, and I am in Heaven! Stay safe and warm, and have a terrific show on Saturday! I have no doubt you will outshine them all!

Fantastic Figments said...

I KNOW .. I am in NY and we had snow this morning. Luckily now of it stuck to the ground but geeee Halloween isn't even here yet!

Have a great day. STAY WARM

Smooches,
Steph

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Well the snow came and left quickly so I'm getting ready for a warmer Halloween forecast!!