Sunday, October 19, 2008

Whew!!


Did you miss me? I have been doing a number of things this past week trying to get ready for the upcoming show on Saturday, and of course I haven't accomplished near what my expectations had been!! Isn't that just typical. I had planned on only doing florals for 2 days this past week...well, I did 6. I had planned on getting two pieces painted...well, I got one painted and need to finish assembling it, and the other piece is untouched by paint. I was able to sculpt one new Santa figure and three snowmen, but I still have little odds and ends to finish on the snowmen and a base that will need to be painted for the larger one. Does anyone have elves available they could send my way for 4 days?!!!!!!!!!!

Here are closer looks at the snowmen faces and bodies.







...and here is a look at the little Santa


My fingertips are getting these weird little peeling spots on them so I guess I better get out of the clay for a few days to let the hand lotion work. This fastmache clay seems to dry my hands out worse than the celluclay or paperclay, but I sure like how fast it dries. Hmmm, correlation there?

Have a great day and happy creating.
Laurie

8 comments:

Chicken Lips said...

If I had any spare elves to send you I would. I'm frantically getting ready for a show this Saturday - I know JUST how you feel. There aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done! Even with your hectic schedule Laurie, your work ALWAYS looks fresh!

HopHopJingleBoo said...

been there done that!ha! try adding a couple squirts of dish soap in your batch ,knead good and it works perfect even helps in the fine details makes a smoother clay..i have tried ealmost every clay one the market..so give it a try..email me if you need any more hints etc.. great blog and admire your style, girl you should be in the next Ghoultide Gathering!! will add you to my list !

Ginny Diezel said...

I, too, need some elves, although my big show isn't for another 2 1/2 weeks! Somehow, it seems that my plans are always greater than my available time! How does that happen anyway? If you do locate any helping hands, perhaps we can keep them dashing around the country to visit with all of us!

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

David...I think margaritas are in order after Saturday!!! Hope you have a great show!

Debra...thank you so much for the lovely compliment and coming from you it makes it all the more wonderful!!! Your bunny does have a good home and it will be out year round. I loved that piece the minute I saw it posted, fell more in love with it when I received it and will always treasure it. Thank you for the link!!!

Ginny...I'm sure their is an "Elf ETC.", office somewhere or Santa couldn't stay in business. You would think they would post somewhere so we could take advantage of their magic!! HA!!!

Thank you All!! Laurie

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Hi Laurie ~ No worries and trust me...I UNDERSTAND!

Good luck with your show on Saturday!!! :-)

Chris

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Yes, some elves would be super! We are in the midst of a HUGE home Improvement project that is cutting into my "creative" time! :) Your WIP look great and glad to "see" you back in blog land!

Carolee said...

If you find out where to get some elves, please do share, lol!!

Good luck at the show (not that you'll need it!)

~ Carolee

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

There seems to be a lot of interest in those elves...I haven't tried Elf.com yet so I guess I better go look!!!

Carolee, Marie and CK--I'll let you know what I find out-HA!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Laurie